1.20.2009

HUGS

WOW! I just finished watching this video at Andrea's blog and I gotta say it was a great way to start my day. THANK ANDREA! You know, not only can a hug change somebody's day but it can make a world of difference in your day and even in your life. Yesterday, a friend of the family passed away at 32 years old. She was a wife, loving mother, friend, sister, & daughter and touched many lives in her job as a caregiver. She had been going to the doctor for two years comlaining of pain in her back but they all brushed her off because she was so young. Last week she awoke to be completely paralyzed! Come to find out cancer had been spread throughout her entire body and yesterday it took her life. It left her husband a widow, her children without their Mommy, and her Mom with one less daughter and her sisters and friends with a huge loss too. Although I didn't know her very well, she still held a special place in my heart as she was a part of a life changing experience that my family went through - my mother-in-law's passing. She was a care giver to her when we brought her home to live her last days. Not only did she care for her as if she was her own family but she was there everyday to offer a hug to me too, those hugs helped. I knew her well enough to know she was a very special person and a very caring person...

So, hug your loved ones as you never know what tomarrow will bring. Don't be stingey with your hugs, okay... It could mean the world to someone, especially in todays world where there are so many challenges.

No comments: