4.19.2009

Well, that week proved to be another unproductive one...kinda!


Well I didn't get far with my box but I will get it done before May --I hope! I have a workshop and doctor appointments out of town for the next two weeks but I have to squeeze my box in there somewhere... I can't believe I didn't get anything creative done... Oh well...
We welcomed a new member of the family in today. This is "Rocky" (short for Rocket) Emily's new puppy, he's 11 weeks old. He's 3/4 Shih tzu 1/4 pomeranian and is so loveable. He wasn't my first choice when we first seen him but Em fell in love with him out all the others right from the start. She wasn't interested in even playing with the other ones, we looked at a few other litters in other places but she wanted this puppy. Now that I think about it I really should have made her wait until her birthday in June but it's too late now!LOL I got him for her now because I am having an overnight stay at the hospital and she has been having a hard time thinking about that. I guess in a way I am bribing her by getting it now but I also think that she truly needs this little guy right now. I wanted her to feel extra special because I think she was starting to feel like a "middle child" and I don't want her feeling left out. Although we always say she has the best of both worlds, she gets to be a little sister AND a big sister... But you know how it goes....
Anyway, back to Rocky... We went over to my Mom's today to go in the pool, it was a beautiful day perfect for the pool. Lindsey even went in and loved it! But, Rocky also went in and we weren't expecting that one!LOL He went to the edge of the pool to be by the girls and next thing you know he was swimming! We set him out and he tried to come back in so Carley got out and got him dried off and away from the pool... When he's with Emily he is right at her feet following her anywhere and if they stop he is sitting down and looking right up at her waiting for her next move--that's actually a really good behavior and I told her to praise and reward him often for it so that he keeps it up. I am glad we went back and got the puppy she liked best, ALLL fo the others were adorable but I guess sometimes you just know who your best buddy will be without even knowing him, right? :)

Have a great week everyone!


3 comments:

Cindy said...

Tell Em I said he is "too cute" and I can see why she wanted him. I think Rocky should stand for "Rock Star"! love ya Aunt Cindy

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a sweet sweet new puppy doggers! I can see why Em fell in love with the little cutie pie!
Happy Huggies!

DeeDee said...

what a cuuuutie pie. I feel in love too..thanks for following my new blog also...have a great week.
DeeDee